SEGAL & ASSOCIATES, PC has represented privately owned local and regional businesses, business owners and employees, national and international corporations, public officials, professionals and individuals confronted with government and administrative investigations and complex litigation matters. Among the areas in which the firm practices are:
Representation of individuals and companies in government investigations, including criminal and legislative inquiries and prosecution; in a wide variety of parallel civil and administrative proceedings; and, in internal corporate investigations relating to the conduct of officers and employees.
Defending and bringing suit on behalf of individuals and businesses in complex civil litigation, including contracts, allegations of fraud and breach of fiduciary duties, class actions, securities law, real estate, intellectual property, professional liability, trade secrets, insurance coverage and qui tam litigation.
The Firm has long practiced regionally, in other jurisdictions in California, and around the country in settings where its clients have been exposed to substantial media and public attention. It has participated in and litigated cases where there is substantial and often extraordinary personal and financial pressure. That background permits the attorneys at Segal & Associates to take on cases under circumstances where the clients face seemingly overwhelming challenges. The broad experience of the Firm enables it to assemble its own staff, and that of experienced and competent outside professionals, experts and investigators, to aggressively deal with a wide variety of difficult cases.
- Served as litigation attorney for corporations in highly regulated industries, including; nationally prominent wineries, firearms wholesalers and distributors, members of the tobacco industry, insurance brokers, attorneys, securities dealers and other licensees, in federal, state and local inquiries, investigations and litigation.
- Served as counsel to numerous health care providers in the defense of federal and state medical and business fraud investigations, including leading a team of attorneys in a nationally-followed health care fraud investigation which included state and federal investigations, hundreds of medical malpractice claims, multiple civil qui tam actions, administrative debarment matters, insurance coverage issues and other parallel litigation.
- Represented numerous individuals and businesses in federal and state criminal tax fraud investigations and prosecutions.
- Represented international and national agricultural, ranching, manufacturing, construction and other companies in criminal and administrative inquiries regarding claimed Environmental and Endangered Species Act violations, and in the defense of criminal prosecutions and civil litigation arising from those business activities.
- Represented multi-national and regional corporations in defense of alleged customs fraud, improper transfers of regulated products and administrative penalty investigations.
- Represented elected and appointed officials in federal, legislative and administrative investigations and in prosecutions involving alleged misconduct in office; and, counseled and defended lobbyists, corporate and individual campaign contributors, political and official staff employees in complex public investigations.
- Represented individuals and property development and management companies in complex real estate fraud and civil litigation.
- Served as special counsel to the California legislative committees investigating the conduct of public officials and the implementation of federal statutes; and, represented individuals subpoenaed by Congressional and state legislative committees.
- Defended regional and local companies, professionals and other individuals in employment, hostile work environment and harassment related lawsuits.